Spring is not good for my aim...

The range I typically frequent is called Clark Brothers. It's in Northern VA and is very popular. I have taken two classes there. What I like most about it is that the range is out doors. It's free to use, but you have to buy their ammo. The ammo is not to expensive and it's usually plentiful, 'cept lately, but that's another story.

Two weeks ago I went to the range to air out some targets with my new matched Px4 - Cx4 pistol/carbine combo.

I sucked.

It was my worst shooting day at the range ever. Not because the guns were not sighted in correctly. Not because of bad technique. Not because of crappy ammo or bad sushi for lunch...

I could not see.

The pollen count topped 5000 that day. My eyes were glazed with a slime of eye-buggers. They itched and burned like wasabi dust had been blown into them by an evil villain.

--Even with my blood running thick with allergy meds I would have been at the mercy of the killer cyborgs if they had come that day...





No comments: