Chicks with Guns

My daughter bought me the coffee table book, Chicks withe Guns, for Christmas.

This book was beautifully photographed. It contains photos of women and firearms from all around the country and from many walks of life.

It's so mainstream!

"In Chicks with Guns, Lindsay McCrum has created a cultural portrait of women gun owners in America through photographs that are both beautiful and in a sense unexpected. The book explores an indelible part of our national identity, but is not thrown off balance by the natural suspicions and political ideology often associated with firearms. It examines issues of self-image and gender through the visual conventions of portraiture and fashion, but guns are presented here not as superimposed props but as the very personal lifestyle accessories of the subjects portrayed. And it defies stereotypes often associated with aspects of the popular culture of both guns and women."

I should put that Degree in Photography to good use and do one like this myself!


--Unlike all the other "Chicks with Guns" items I have seen in the past not a bikini in sight!!

2 comments:

JamesDune said...

I am going to buy this book. Thanks for the link.

RabidAlien said...

Very nicely done. And while I do appreciate a good photo of an attractive woman in a bikini (did I mention redheaded?), its also nice to see women and guns in a way that isn't blatantly pandering to the "gas station service bay calendar" group. Something with taste, class. Lovin those black powder rifles!!!